3-month commitment. $1,500 per month.
Weekly Meetings: We meet on Zoom once per week for 60 minutes. Humans are natural storytellers, and sometimes just the act of talking it through with a receptive, curious listener is enough to jump start your creativity. This is also your chance to:
- Bounce around the big ideas that overwhelm you. I am your sounding board and partner-in-crime. Word vomit at will.
- Organize your thoughts. I’ll help you pull your ideas together and stay focused.
- Brainstorm about world building, character backstories, and other background information (all the stuff you don’t want to info dump on your readers but need to thoroughly understand yourself).
- Hear your ideas reflected back to you. I can repeat back what I’ve heard you say, which helps ensure that what you’re envisioning in your head is translating clearly to your audience.
Accountability: You are here to make a commitment to yourself and your writing. You are expected to show up for your sessions, on time and ready to focus on your book. You are also expected to regularly deliver new material for critique. That doesn’t mean you’re obligated to turn something in every week, and it’s okay if some weeks you write less than others (or not at all). But keep in mind that the more you write, the more you will get out of this experience . I can give you the feedback, tools, and encouragement, but it’s up to you to do the work.
Professional Critique: When you submit work, you will get honest, constructive feedback and helpful tips to guide you as you continue to write. I will help you identify plot holes, contradictions, and confusing passages. I’ll point out what’s working and what isn’t, what needs to be added and what could be removed. I’ll show you how to recognize and correct your writing weaknesses, as well as play to your strengths.
Your job in this process is to relax and let it flow. Your book exists inside your imagination already. You’re just writing what you already know.
Pas de Deux
3-month commitment. 2 writers. $2,500 ($1,250 each) per month.
Are you the type of person who works better with a peer to help push you? Do you have a friend, family member, or writing partner who is ready to take this journey with you? The Pas de Deux option is just like 1-on-1 coaching, with the following exceptions:
- Weekly calls are extended from 60 minutes to 90 minutes.
- You and your partner trade off submitting new writing, such that every week new writing is delivered for critique, but only from one person at a time.
- You are expected to read and critique each other’s work.